Friday, June 3, 2011

We are as Cinderella as it gets!!!

This  assignment was given to my Advanced Composition class to finish the sentence, " [I] [am] as ____ as ____. We had to fill in the blank and extend on it.
I decided to fill in the blanks by saying "We are as Cinderella as it gets"!  This sentence is about my golf team.  My golf team could be the Cinderella story of the year.  We really started out bad this season and we weren't sure what was going on.  We were starting to doubt ourselves at the beginning of the year.  We had high hopes of winning the conference and making it to state at the end of the season.  With the way we started out this season and our scores my teammates and I were bringing in, that was a long shot.  We kept taking either second, third, or fourth in conference matches.  We never took first.  That was our goal, to win a mini match.  A mini match is when our whole 6 team conference gets together at a golf course and everyone plays and we keep the best four scores out of the five people on your team.  We have six minis a year and this year we did not win any.  We came really close to winning a few, especially our last one and our second to last one.  We were three strokes from taking first place.  Three strokes is pretty close when your counting about one-hundred and seventy strokes.  Throughout the year every started to improve and started shooting lower scores.  We started to get a little bit of confidence and swag back to the team.  We worked really hard throughout the season and it surely paid off because we got a lot better.  Ryan Posda and myself are starting to play like how everyone expected us to play this year.  If our team keeps this up and keeps improving, we could see ourselves in state at the beginning of June.  From the way we started the season, state was definitely not going to happen, but now that we are playing some better golf, we definitely have a chance.  No one expected us to get to state, but I really see us getting there.  If our team doesn't make it to state, I can see Ryan Posda and myself making it to state individually.
This was written a couple of weeks ago.  Now that the season is over, I can tell you what happened.  We did really well in regionals and ended up making it to sectionals.  That was a goal for us.  Next stop was State!  There were a lot of good teams in our sectional, so we were really going to have to play some good golf to make it to state.  I started out playing really well at regionals and it was looking good, until on the back nine I started messing up.  I shot a 40 on the front nine which is really good, and a 47 on the back nine, which isn't too good.  When we came in when we were done with the round and I heard my teams scores, I knew we weren't going to make it to state.  Ryan Posda didn't play very well either, but he still shot an 82.  When all the scores came in it was very intense to find out who was going to make it to state.  We didn't make it to state individually, but Ryan Posda filled the last spot and made it too state!  State is this weekend and I will be going up there.  It was a good season, and good luck to Ryan Posda at state! 

No comments:

Post a Comment